Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups plain Cheerios
- Add the Cheerios to your food processor and pulse until it becomes a powder.
- Heat honey in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- Turn heat to low and add in the peanut butter, stirring until smooth and melted.
- Remove from heat and fold in the Cheerios powder directly to the saucepan.
- With a large spoon or with your hands, scoop about 2 Tbsp. of mixture into your palm to form your peanut butter egg shaped treats. You want to pack the treats together tightly so they keep their shape. You will want to work quickly while the mixture is warm (not hot) as when it starts to cool its harder to press and form the mixture into egg shaped treats.
- Lay the peanut butter egg shaped treats onto a piece of wax paper or a dinner plate and allow to come to room temperature and fully harden.
- Store leftover eggs in an airtight container or bag for up to one week at room temperature or up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
- Make about 15 egg shaped treats that are slightly smaller than the size of an egg.