How To Make an All Natural Toothpaste with 3 Ingredients
This toothpaste is simple to make and unlike most toothpaste brands, I do not add any artificial sweeteners or sugar. This toothpaste recipe gets its flavor from natural food grade oils. I highly suggest peppermint, cinnamon or lemon oil flavorings for your toothpaste recipes.
I have been using this toothpaste recipe for a couple years now and it is the only toothpaste my daughter was raised on. It is an all natural toothpaste made with three simple ingredients. It takes less than five minutes to make and is really easy to make up a bunch. It keeps for a very long time and most importantly its good for oral health and dental hygiene. I know exactly whats in the toothpaste, so if my daughter accidentally swallow it, rather than spit it out while still learning to brush her teeth I can rest assured knowing what went into this paste.
Coconut Peppermint Toothpaste
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup baking soda
- 12 drops of peppermint oil (food grade or baking oil) get yours here
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup add melted coconut oil and baking soda. Stir together with fork until a nice paste forms.
- Add 12 drops of peppermint oil and stir to combine.
- You can place in a large lidded jar or several small jars and this home made toothpaste can be used for months.
- I split up the batch into two small recycled spice jars so they sit nicely in our medicine cabinet. We then scoop out a dime sized amount with a wooden stick or small spoon onto our toothbrush before using.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting this Mom’s blog.